EQUIPMENT AND AGE GROUP
For purposes of registration, participants’ ages will be calculated based on a cut-off date as published for the Event.
For participants who were aged below 18, you are deemed to have download the Parental Consent Form and request parent/guardian to sign on it.
Distances and durations indicated for all categories of rides are only approximate. The organizers reserve the right to amend such distance and durations should circumstances demand.
The following bikes are STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED for any category:
- Bikes with Disc Wheels / Rim Covers;
- Bikes with Aero or Extension Bars;
- Bikes with Fixed Wheels with No Brakes;
- Fixie Bikes;
- Specialist Time Trial Bikes;
- Motorized Bikes;
- Unicycles; and
Bikes with Drop Handle Bars and/or Disc Brakes are allowed.
Tandem bicycles may be used by visually handicapped riders ONLY. Participants should seek clearance from the Organiser on a case-by-case basis.
Regrettably, riders who attend the Event with unapproved bikes will be unable to participate.
- Riders are strictly NOT ALLOWED to transfer their ride entries to another party or change ride categories once their registration is confirmed.
- All riders are to start in their allocated pen and wave time.
- Riders will start from different Start Pens based on their estimated time of completion. Riders are NOT ALLOWED to change their assigned Pen. To allow riders to assemble, pens will open one hour before flag-off time for each category.
- For safety reasons, riders who do not start on their respective flag-off time, may be disqualified and not be allowed onto the course.
- All Riders must follow designated routes and are solely responsible for following the designated route and passing timing points
Route officials will divert riders who are unlikely to finish the ride within the stipulated duration. Such riders will be guided to the designated diversion points along the route. For their own safety and to avoid being caught in between live traffic, riders must follow instructions. Riders who fail to do so may be removed from the route immediately.
Finishers’ medals will still be issued to the aforesaid riders. The competitive rides category riders will be recorded as ‘Disqualified’ or ‘DNF’ (Did Not Finish) in the official timing.
All riders must abide by the standard Highway Code, national rules of the road as well as the direction of police, traffic management, and Event officials during the ride.
RIDERS MUST NOT:
- Ride without cycle protective helmet;
- Ride dangerously or negligently; or
- Use MP3 Players, iPods, Walkman, or other mobile music devices while riding.
- Use handheld cameras or telephones while riding.
All riders are to remain behind the safety escort lead vehicles and in front of the safety escort rear vehicles at all times.
The helmet is a must-have to enter into all categories of riders. Rear light is required to ensure a good distance judgment if it is a night cycling event, otherwise, it is optional.
ADDITIONAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
You may NOT ride under someone else’s name or number under any circumstances.
The event will take place regardless of bad weather and will only be canceled, re-routed, or stopped in extreme circumstances for safety reasons. The final decision on this will be rest with the Organiser.
A child seat on a bicycle is not allowed due to safety reasons.
- All riders who successfully complete the ride in their chosen category will be awarded a Finisher’s Medal upon the presentation of their Cycling Bib to the respective officials.
- All Finisher’s Medals are to be collected on the Event day.
- Such timing devices will officially record their finishing times. All such official finishing times will be posted on the website within 5 working days after completion of the Event.
Whilst reasonable precautions will be taken by the Organiser to ensure riders’ safety, riders who take part in the event do so at their own risk. The Organiser will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or by participating in the Event. Riders are strongly encouraged to consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before Event day.
- The form on the reverse side of the cycling bib must be fully and accurately completed. Riders must attach the assigned bib to the lower back of their cycling jersey/ t-shirt. Riders not wearing a bib will be asked to leave the route.
- All Riders must check and service their bikes before the event, and ensure that their bikes are roadworthy prior to the start.
- All Riders should at all times be aware of other cyclists around them.
- All Riders are to keep to the left-hand side of the road unless overtaking and are reminded to observe traffic rules at all times. Overtaking on the left-hand side is dangerous and will NOT be ALLOWED.
- Riders are to call out when passing fellow cyclists.
- Stationary Neutral Services for bike maintenance and Medical Support will be available throughout the event. Riders MUST wear their cycling bib in order to receive such support.
- Riders, who require mechanical support or medical response while on the route, may seek assistance from security personnel, event staff, or traffic management personnel.
- Medical personnel reserve the right to remove a rider if he/she is judged to be physically incapable of continuing his / her ride without the risk of serious injury to him/ herself or others.
- Medical personnel reserve the right to make the final call to send casualties to the nearest and/ or recommended hospital.
RECOMMENDATIONS BY THE ORGANISER, TO REDUCE MEDICAL RISK:
- Riders should drink plenty of fluids before, during, and after their ride;
- Riders over the age of thirty-five (35) years and who have not done much regular exercise in the recent past, are strongly encouraged to undergo a medical check-up prior to the Event; and
- Undertake a proper training regime to prepare for the Event.
Riders participating in the Event are advised to practice safe cycling, and their participation is at their own risk. Accordingly, the Organiser shall not be liable for any bodily injuries, loss, and/or damage to property, whether personal or otherwise howsoever arising.
- The Organiser will not be liable for the actions of riders or other third parties, not employed by the Organiser or acting on its behalf.
- All riders are recommended to have their own personal accident or health insurance.
- There will be no further extensions of any registration periods.
The event will be held, rain or shine unless the Organiser determines that conditions are too dangerous. This will be based on a prudent decision made three (3) days before the Event day or on the Event day by the Organiser and local law enforcement officials. If the event is canceled due to inclement weather, there will be neither refunds nor transfers. In the event of inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances, the Organiser reserves the right to alter, cancel or eliminate any/all portions of the Event.