FESTIVAL GENERAL RULES
AIMS OF THE GAMES SHALL BE:
- To create a forum for the youth of the South-West Region to harness their natural talent as well as integrate exercise and healthy living standards at a young age
- The promotion of mass participation in sports from the grassroots level throughout the region.
- The promotion of keen and healthy competition under an atmosphere of sportsmanship and friendly interaction with a view to enhancing and strengthening south-west unity.
- Identification of talents for further development.
- To provide opportunities for the States to acquire and upgrade sports facilities.
- The promotion of economic and socio-cultural integration thereby enhancing the region’s unity.
CENTRAL WORKING COMMITTEE (CWC)
There shall be a Central Working Committee are members of staff of the owners of the competition – Bizzybody NG
LOCAL ORGANISING COMMITTEE (LOC)
The Host Community shall constitute and inaugurate its Local Organising Committee (LOC) whose Chairman will be the MD/CEO or a Staff of BizzyBody NG.
The host community shall provide standard sports facilities for all sports/events approved for competition at the Games. Such facilities shall be open for use by athletes competing in the Games three (2) days before the Games.
The CWC/LOC shall be liable for all commitments entered into, including the financial responsibility, concerning the organisation and staging of the GAMES in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Protocol Agreement.
The following conditions shall apply to all competitors participating at the Games:
- Any athlete participating in the Games must be a bonafide resident of the chosen area for this pilot edition within the Local Government he/she is representing.
- Any athlete registered to compete in any sport in the programme of the Games shall not act as a Technical Official and vice versa.
- Any athlete participating in the Games must be registered online via the portal.
- The right of final confirmation of entries rests with the Central Working Committee (CWC).
- Preliminary entries by number must be submitted to the CWC at least four (14) days to the Opening Ceremony.
- Entry by name must be submitted to the CWC at least seven (7) days to the Opening Ceremony.
- All entries must be made on a special Entry Form as approved by the CWC.
- The CWC Secretariat shall acknowledge receipt of all preliminary entries.
- The Competitor shall ensure he/she is fully aware of and complies with the Games Rules, viz
- The Entry Form must include the text of the eligibility condition and the declaration to be signed by the participant: “I understand that as a competitor in the Games. I agree to be filmed, televised, photographed, identified and otherwise recorded during the Games under the conditions and for the purpose now or thereafter authorised by the CWC in relation to the promotion of the Games. I also agree to comply with the Rules and Regulations currently in force and in particular, with the provision of the Rules regarding the eligibility for the Games. The relevant provisions and the rules have been brought to my attention by my Team Sports Officials.
- The Entry Form must also include the text of the eligibility conditions and the following declaration to be signed by the Coaches and Officials: “I understand that as a Coach/Official in the Games, I am participating in an event which is of regional and historic importance and in consideration of my participation therein, I agree to be filmed, televised, photographed, identified and otherwise recorded during the Games under the conditions and for the purpose now or thereafter authorised by the CWC in relation to the promotion of the Games. I also agree to comply with the Rule and Regulations currently in force and in particular with the provisions of the Rules regarding the eligibility for the Games. The relevant provisions and the rules have been brought to my attention by the Organizing Committee.
- No entry shall be valid unless the above provisions have been observed.
INFRINGEMENT OF THE RULES
- The CWC may withdraw accreditation from any person who infringes on the Rules and Regulation of the Games.
- Any team whose athlete or official disrupts an event, shall pay a fine of N50, 000 (Fifty Thousand Naira only). Failure to comply shall attract a ban from the next Games.
- Any Team that uses an ineligible athlete shall pay a fine of N50, 000.00 (Fifty Thousand Naira only) and in addition lose the benefit of any medal(s) won by the athlete. The medal so withdrawn shall be awarded to the next finisher.
- Any Team that withdraws from any team event after registering to participate in it at the Games shall pay a fine of N100, 000.00 (One Hundred Thousand Naira only). In the case of an individual event already entered for, the Team shall pay a fine of N20, 000.00 (Twenty Thousand Naira). However, withdrawal resulting from unforeseen circumstances shall be given due consideration by the relevant Sub-Committee of the CWC.
- Any Team that defaults in the payment of any fine shall have its medal withdrawn from the Medals Table until payment is made, such Team will not be allowed to register for the next Games until all outstanding fines are paid.
- All protests arising before or after an event shall be forwarded to the Jury of the Sport with a protest fee of N5, 000.00 (Five Thousand Naira only).
- Where it borders on the outcome of an event such protest must be lodged at most 2 hours after the event. The Jury of the Sport must take decision on the protest within 6 hours of its lodgement.
- Any appeal against the decision of the Jury of the Sport should be forwarded to the Chairman of the Games Jury of Appeal within 4 hours from the time the decision is communicated to the appellant with an Appeal Fee of N20,000.00 (Twenty Thousand Naira only).
- Following successful Appeal all fees paid would be refunded.
- The decision of the Games Jury of Appeal is final.
- The Games Jury would arbitrate on all appeals emanating from the Juries of any of the Sports Associations.
- A 3 man Games Jury of Appeal consisting of experienced Sports Administrators would sit on all appeals.
- The Games Jury of Appeal must be neutral.
Barring force majeure, the CWC reserves the right to shift the venue and/or date of the Games.
SPORTS FOR THE GAMES
- The CWC has the right to review the Sports for the Games as it deems fit.
- Minimum of 10 Sports shall be selected from the Sports that feature in the List of globally recognized Games.
- For a sport to score in the Games, a minimum of four (4) Teams must enter and participate. For an event to score, a minimum of four (4) Teams must enter and participate.
ENTRIES PER SPORT
Entries per sport and per event shall be in accordance with Mini Sports Festival format.
|S/N||SPORT||EVENTS||NO. OF COMPETITORS||COACHES|
TECHNICAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE GAMES
- The CWC in conjunction with the Lagos State Sport Commission Technical Team (LSSC) shall be responsible for the technical control and direction of each sport and ensure all equipment, competition and training venues comply with the sports rules.
- The Games Services Committee shall collect from each Sport participating in the Games its event schedule and forward it to the CWC for harmonisation.
- Officiating officials for each sport shall be appointed by the LSSC on the recommendation of the State Directors of Sports and endorsement of the Games Services Sub-Committee.
- Each Sport shall appoint a Jury to handle protests arising from its sport.
- Each Sport shall ensure that the conduct of its sport at the Games is in accordance with its National Federation’s Rules and Regulations.
- LSSC shall select Technical Officials from within and outside the Host community for each Sport. Without prejudice, technical officials shall not officiate in events involving their community.
- Accreditation is the prerogative of the CWC and LSSC.
- The accreditation of athletes and Officials is a condition for participation in the Games.
- The accreditation card gives, to the degree necessary in each case and as indicated thereon, access to the venues and events delimited on the card. The LSSC determines the categorisation of each person and sets the conditions.
Each participating athlete or official MUST provide appropriate insurance cover for his/her self. The Organizers of this event shall not be liable for any damages or injury to the participants.
DURATION OF THE GAMES
The Games shall be held within a minimum of 7 (Seven) days and a maximum of twelve (12) days inclusive of arrival and departure.
OPENING AND CLOSING CEREMONIES
- The Opening and Closing Ceremonies shall be held in accordance with the arrangements agreed upon by the CWC and the LOC
- The Opening Ceremony shall take place not earlier than one day before the commencement of competitions of the Games.
- The Closing Ceremony shall take place on the last day of the competition of the Games.
- The prizes of the Games shall be provided by the CWC and shall consist of medals for all events.
- For all events, the first prize shall be Gold medal, the second prize, Silver medal and third prize, Bronze medal.
- Double bronze medals shall be awarded in those sports whose regulations allow the award of bronze medals to semi finalists. In case of ties which are possible on certain sports, more than one medal shall be awarded to winners who tie on points.
- The Teams that place 1st on the overall Medal Table shall be awarded a trophy. Such trophy shall be named after prominent citizens of the region.
- Each Team shall provide transportation for its contingent to and from the Games venue and during the period of the Games.
- The LOC would be responsible for the transportation of LSSC technical officials and the CWC members during the duration of the Games.